Tis The 'Ski-Son' for an ITT Christmas Party
This year's ITT Christmas Party took place at the festive Ski-Lodge at The Montague on the Gardens Hotel for the very first time.
Published - 12/12/2018
The first Odyssey Supper of 2019
Tickets are now on sale for ITT’s prestigious Odyssey Supper, which will take place on 10 January 2019 at The Groucho Club in London.
Published - 12/12/2018
ITT's another successful Network ITT
On Wednesday, ITT Members and their guests enjoyed another successful Network ITT at London’s Phoenix Artist Club in London. The networking event enabled travel industry professionals to make new business connections and solidify existing ones over informal after work drinks. Network ITT takes place throughout the year so stay tuned for more information about the next one!
Published - 07/12/2018
Kevin Dutton - Back by Popular Demand
Kevin Dutton, Research Psychologist & Expert on the Science of Social Influence
Published - 06/12/2018
The finalists in the inaugural everywoman in Travel Awards have just been announced, from an apprentice improving customer satisfaction ratings to a founder mentoring female entrepreneurs and an operations director breaking glass ceilings. The 18 finalists were hand-selected by a judging panel comprising some of the travel industry’s most discerning senior figures including Sophie Dekkers, UK Country Director at EasyJet and Jo Rzymowska, Vice President & Managing Director, UK and Ireland & Asia at Celebrity Cruises. The awards programme was launched this year to help recognise the exceptional women within the travel industry whose success stories will inspire the next generation and ensure the future pipeline of female talent.
The everywoman in Travel Awards finalists were identified for their career achievements to date and potential to make a significant impact on the travel industry both inside and outside of their organisations. Whether they are the founders of some of the most innovative companies or making a difference within the companies they work for, they represent the wide range of talent present across different ages, career stages and backgrounds.
One to Watch, sponsored by TripAdvisor, awarded to a young game-changer in education or an apprenticeship who demonstrates a passion for the travel industry:
- Ellie Barton, Apprentice, Hays Travel from Darlington
- Albane Grimprel, Business Student, GEM (Grenoble Ecole de Management) from London
- Sylvana Walsh, Customer and Owner Service Advisor, Hoseasons from Lowestoft
Tomorrow’s Leader, sponsored by TTG Media, awarded to a woman under 30 making a significant contribution to the sector:
- Rebecca Hipkin, Travel Support Team Leader, Intrepid Group from London
- Sophie Holtom, Business Services Manager, arrangeMY from Worcester
- Jillian Jackson, Loyalty & Partnerships Executive, Hilton from Glasgow
Entrepreneur, sponsored by Silversea Cruises, awarded to an owner / operator of a travel business that has been operating for three years or more, whose vision will inspire other women to start their own enterprise:
- Jessica Bain, Co-founder and Head of Trade Relations, Latin Routes from Surrey
- Mary McKenna, Managing Director, Tour America from Dublin
- Abi Wright, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Spabreaks.com from Newbury, London
Above & Beyond, sponsored by The Travel Network Group, awarded to a woman at any stage of her career that has truly gone above and beyond her role to help drive the organisation's success:
- Susan Boxall, Customer Service Executive, Kuoni Travel from Dorking
- Wendi Knibbs, Global Sales Evolution Specialist, Hilton from Watford
- Karen Morris, Global Operations Director, Travel Counsellors from Manchester
Team Leader, sponsored by AvisBudget, awarded to a woman whose team leadership has greatly contributed to the organisation’s success:
- Anna Macleod, Business Travel Manager, arrangeMY from Worcester
- Sacha Peters, Head of Marketing, Ski Solutions from London
- Angela Terry, Contact Centre Manager, TUI from Swansea
Leader, sponsored by Kuoni, awarded to a woman making a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the business:
- Wendy Atkin-Smith, Managing Director, Viking Cruises UK from London
- Lindsey Esse, Managing Director, Darwin Escapes from Oxford
- Helen Caron, Distribution & Cruise Director, TUI from Luton
For more information on the event, click here.
Published: Monday, October 30, 2017